Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2003
I am hoping to do a video conference between 4 other groups plus ourselves when Tiger comes out. But iChat is limited to 3 + us for video chat, right? I guess we could do an audio chat if we had to but it is not optimum.

This is for a Parkinson's disease support group outreach program. Our doctors would like to be able to talk to four support groups at once and answer questions from all four. If we could have 4 + us on iChat video at once, it would be perfect.

Thanks!

beg_ne

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
chuckiej said:
I am hoping to do a video conference between 4 other groups plus ourselves when Tiger comes out. But iChat is limited to 3 + us for video chat, right? I guess we could do an audio chat if we had to but it is not optimum.

This is for a Parkinson's disease support group outreach program. Our doctors would like to be able to talk to four support groups at once and answer questions from all four. If we could have 4 + us on iChat video at once, it would be perfect.

Thanks!

As rendezvouscp said, you can only do 3 plus yourself in the next version of iChat. But something that might work is to look into Flash Communication Server. You might not want to but it and run it on your own, but im sure there are hosts with support for it out there.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashcom/

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2003
Thanks

Thanks to both of you. We've decided to go with a QT broadcast of video of our speaker, plus iChat audio chat to ask questions. I think we will have to get a second Mac on our end to do the audio chat and feed the result into the broadcast. There may end up being feedback on the support group ends, we'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.