Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonnybgoode87

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2016
iphone-7-concept-1-1.jpg

iphone-6-concept-nowhereelse-and-martin-hajek-003_thumb.jpg

The most recent leaked schematics make it look so...

iPhone 4/6 crossover design.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
The CAD schematics make it look that way, but it's only because it has to show all curves. It doesn't show materials. It's very obvious now that the iPhone 7 will look like this:

iphone-7-render-3.jpg

Reactions: Jess13 and Spogue

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
iphone-7-concept-1-1.jpg

Thoughts anyone?
Not entirely relevant, but I never understood why people put old features in their new iPhone mockups. I'm talking about the pill-shaped flash. Apple has already found a way to fit the dual flash into a circle shape, so there'd be no reason to go back.

Reminds me of the iPhone 6 concepts where people would show iOS6 on the device despite 7 and 8 already being out.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
iphone-7-concept-1-1.jpg

Thoughts anyone?
That's gorgeous. So much better looking than that picture of the alleged pro version that looks like Bender from Futurama. If they could make the Pro with dual lenses but with a thick enough chassis to look that sleek on the back with lenses that don't protrude or at least don't have a Bender face bump out, I would weaken in my resolve to wait for the 2017 update. Though I still think my 6S Plus is too big and would love such features in something the size of a 6 or smaller.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
iphone-7-concept-1-1.jpg

Thoughts anyone?
Man I wish. That thing is beautiful. If Apple came out with a design like that, improved the camera, upped the screen resolution, slimmed the bezels, maybe make it water resistant...I'd be a happy camper

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
Putting glass on the back is definitely a step backward, not forward. I can live without wireless charging, I'm really not too excited about a phone that can shatter on both sides. The iPhone 5, 5S, 6 and 6S were more durable because they had a metal back. Glass on both sides is dumb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.