Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
Hello,

I am currently using iphone 6s 128 GB on iOS 11.3 . Battery health is 87% and phone is loaded with 40Gb of used space.

Will Jail breaking the phone make it slower. Also, can I jail break to Cyndia Jail Break iOS 10? Is it possible on a phone which is running stable iOS 11.3?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hello,

I am currently using iphone 6s 128 GB on iOS 11.3 . Battery health is 87% and phone is loaded with 40Gb of used space.

Will Jail breaking the phone make it slower. Also, can I jail break to Cyndia Jail Break iOS 10? Is it possible on a phone which is running stable iOS 11.3?
Yes, it will if you do the following things.

-Install non-compatible tweaks.
-Fail to do your research (investigate, ask questions online) about tweaks you want to install
-Add pirated or unreputable sources
-Install pirated tweaks and apps

Do those things and you are guaranteed to slow your phone down.

DON'T do those things and you shouldn't have any problems.

As to your question about Cydia. Cydia is the app that lets you install jailbreak tweaks and apps. That's all it does.

If you want to downgrade (assuming it's possible) then you need SHSH blobs for the firmware you want to downgrade to. If you have no idea what I mean than it's a certainty that you do not have blobs and highly unlikely that you can downgrade.

In any case, Cydia has nothing to do with downgrading.

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
If you want to downgrade (assuming it's possible) then you need SHSH blobs for the firmware you want to downgrade to. If you have no idea what I mean than it's a certainty that you do not have blobs and highly unlikely that you can downgrade.

Yes I, don't know what does SHSH blobs means. So, I assume I cannot downgrade my phone. :"(

Anyways, I can still jailbreak ios 11.3 without downgrading? am I right ? please guide me
[doublepost=1528401387][/doublepost]Second is there any humor section available on forum?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.