Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
Hi all,

I have a new iPad Pro 11 (2021) and would like to get the Logitech Folio Touch, but on Amazon UK I can only see a version advertised for generations 2 and 3. On the US page it says there’s one coming, but I can’t find any other reference to it. I’ve also considered the Combo Touch but I would prefer the Folio (don’t want the keyboard to connect magnetically).

If anyone can help with this I’d be very grateful.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
The tech specs for the current version of the Folio Touch indicate it’s only compatible with the 1st and 2nd gen iPad Pro 11, and yours is the 3rd gen. It wouldn’t be the first time an Amazon product description was incorrect.

10765D98-5F01-4C31-A26E-6063F10BE705.jpeg

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
Hi there, and thank you for helping. I’ve checked into the differences between the 2020 and 2021 iPad Pro 11s and it seems that the design is the same. Obviously the chip etc is different. I’m not an expert at this stuff and was thinking that if all the ports, buttons etc were in the same places then it would probably be okay. Might this not be right? Many thanks if you can help further!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Hi there, and thank you for helping. I’ve checked into the differences between the 2020 and 2021 iPad Pro 11s and it seems that the design is the same. Obviously the chip etc is different. I’m not an expert at this stuff and was thinking that if all the ports, buttons etc were in the same places then it would probably be okay. Might this not be right? Many thanks if you can help further!
The surest way to find out is to ask Logitech UK support. Of course if there’s free returns with the Amazon product, you can try it out, but there’s probably a reason Logitech is producing a newer version.

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
Will do. On the phone to Apple now as I can’t find a phone number for Logitech.

Edit: Well, Apple could only tell me what I already know, which is that it’s advertised as being compatible with Gen’s 1 and 2. They advised that I try it when it’s delivered, and send it back if it doesn’t work. My fingers are crossed that it will work because it seems to be exactly what I’m after. I’ll update again when I receive it (hopefully tomorrow) and thank you again for helping.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Will do. On the phone to Apple now as I can’t find a phone number for Logitech.

Edit: Well, Apple could only tell me what I already know, which is that it’s advertised as being compatible with Gen’s 1 and 2. They advised that I try it when it’s delivered, and send it back if it doesn’t work. My fingers are crossed that it will work because it seems to be exactly what I’m after. I’ll update again when I receive it (hopefully tomorrow) and thank you again for helping.
The Logitech support phone number in the UK is:

+44 (0)203 024 81 59
Monday - Friday: 0:00-0:00 (CET)

On the main support page, you have to answer a couple of drop-down questions about the product before the phone number is supplied.

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
Thanks for that. I couldn’t find it.

I’ve rung them and they’ve told me that basically there must be some kind of incompatibility. They also told me that there’s been no internal memo about updating the Folio Touch for the 3rd Gen iPad Pro 11, despite what it says on the US Amazon page, so it sounds as though there won’t be one coming out and the one in the post will prolly not work.

That’s a real shame, as I thought, after much searching, that I’d finally found a really good keyboard/trackpad combination that was also protective, and doesn’t involve the keyboard attaching magnetically. Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

Thank you again - I really appreciate your help.

Reactions: 0128672

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
Great news! The Folio Touch has just come, and I’m typing this from it :) As soon as I put the iPad in the case it told me there was an app it needed and asked whether I’d like to go to the App Store to get it. Obvs I said yes, and it d/loaded and installed some kind of Logitech controller. After the installation the iPad screen was frozen and I thought it wasn’t going to work, but I just took the iPad out and then put it back in, and now it seems to be working!

I’ll continue to test for a couple of days in case there’s some sort of advanced functionality I need that won’t work, and that I’ve not yet spotted, but first impression is that all is well.

And by the way, I love it. Lovely keyboard and aesthetics, and I’m typing this with it sitting on my knee and no problem at all. Very happy :)

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Great news! The Folio Touch has just come, and I’m typing this from it :) As soon as I put the iPad in the case it told me there was an app it needed and asked whether I’d like to go to the App Store to get it. Obvs I said yes, and it d/loaded and installed some kind of Logitech controller. After the installation the iPad screen was frozen and I thought it wasn’t going to work, but I just took the iPad out and then put it back in, and now it seems to be working!

I’ll continue to test for a couple of days in case there’s some sort of advanced functionality I need that won’t work, and that I’ve not yet spotted, but first impression is that all is well.

And by the way, I love it. Lovely keyboard and aesthetics, and I’m typing this with it sitting on my knee and no problem at all. Very happy :)
Hey congrats! I’m happy to hear you love it. Do all of the case opening and button locations line up ok?

Reactions: Macpiglet

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
Well, now that I’ve checked more carefully I see that in the little sets of 8 small holes on the side there isn’t perfect alignment. In each of the 4 sets only 6 of the 8 little holes are showing. Everything else seems to be perfect, though, and I think this will be close enough for me, as long as I don’t come across anything else, because I’ve looked quite carefully but haven’t found anything else close enough to what I was after. Well, apart from the Magic Keyboard, but I can’t afford that (and actually prefer the design of this).

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
For anyone who might be reading this in the future and wondering whether to buy for 3rd Gen iPad Pro 11, I’ve just found this on the Logitech site - an assertion that it’s for the 3rd Gen as well as Gen’s 1 and 2.

Attachments

• 4CF73B01-9BB7-4883-B434-308994719605.jpeg
    4CF73B01-9BB7-4883-B434-308994719605.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 197
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.