Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi Mac friends. I plan to swap (pray she says yes, I'll pay for both deliveries on my side and hers) my 'Like New' condition, rose gold iPhone SE (2016, 16GB) which I just bought from a Craigslist type (but she has 5 star reviews) shopping platform... plan to swap it with her 'Like New' gold iPhone SE (2016) which is backtup/burner phone while my main iPhone is being repaired coz' I have this DIY Batman theme going on with the iPhone case I just bought- I plan to make it dark blue & gold instead of the current dark blue and rose gold which will be more true to Batman's color combo.

I will send her the results of a free app called iPhone Diagnostics (w/ ads) which tests everything from the calls, to the mic, to the earphones that it passed all test but I don't have an Apple earbud with the volume controls but I could borrow an Android earbud with volume controls so that the test could be completed but will I damage the android earbud w/ volume controls if I use it on the iPhone (or vice-versa, will I damage the iPhone)?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Hi Mac friends. I plan to swap (pray she says yes, I'll pay for both deliveries on my side and hers) my 'Like New' condition, rose gold iPhone SE (2016, 16GB) which I just bought from a Craigslist type (but she has 5 star reviews) shopping platform... plan to swap it with her 'Like New' gold iPhone SE (2016) which is backtup/burner phone while my main iPhone is being repaired coz' I have this DIY Batman theme going on with the iPhone case I just bought- I plan to make it dark blue & gold instead of the current dark blue and rose gold which will be more true to Batman's color combo.

I will send her the results of a free app called iPhone Diagnostics (w/ ads) which tests everything from the calls, to the mic, to the earphones that it passed all test but I don't have an Apple earbud with the volume controls but I could borrow an Android earbud with volume controls so that the test could be completed but will I damage the android earbud w/ volume controls if I use it on the iPhone (or vice-versa, will I damage the iPhone)?

Thank you.

May you have have a blessed day.
Why are you trading your phone for an identical one? Strictly for gold instead of rose gold?

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Why are you trading your phone for an identical one? Strictly for gold instead of rose gold?
Hi, yup. I'm trying to have this Batman look w/ the iPhone SE, it'd be more correct w/ yellow gold + dark blue (Bronze age Batman color combo) 360° protection case (I won't buy those high-end slim armor hard rubber case + high-end tempered glass anymore, it doesn't stand a change against those jagged mall parking cement pavements even at a waist height fall) but there's a huge chance she'll politely decline, though just in case, I have the diagnostics screen shot that it passed all the tests, the earbuds is the last test so it has the check that it passed all tests).

(photo was taken w/ the Mac's built-in cam, the case is not purple in person, not sure there's been a dark blue & essentially pink Batman color combo, there's a new dark blue + violet Batman)

Batman Theme DIY Case w: Guidelines.jpg

Batman Theme DIY Case.jpg

Last edited:

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Hi, yup. I'm trying to have this Batman look w/ the iPhone SE, it'd be more correct w/ yellow gold + dark blue (Bronze age Batman color combo) 360° protection case (I won't buy those high-end slim armor hard rubber case + high-end tempered glass anymore, it doesn't stand a change against those jagged mall parking cement pavements even at a waist height fall) but there's a huge chance she'll politely decline, though just in case, I have the diagnostics screen shot that it passed all the tests, the earbuds is the last test so it has the check that it passed all tests).
Best of luck. I never used a case on my SE 2016 and dropped it numerous times. Never a problem. It was a great sturdy and nicely sized phone. Many people want a new version of that model but we appear to be out of luck.

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Best of luck. I never used a case on my SE 2016 and dropped it numerous times. Never a problem. It was a great sturdy and nicely sized phone. Many people want a new version of that model but we appear to be out of luck.
So true, I'll never buy the Plus sizes, they're too big and cumbersome to text with one hand even w/ the double tap gesture, especially if your'e in a hurry at the mall (carrying stuff on the other hand, usually supplies and then it rings and it's in your other pocket and it's an urgent call), the iPhone 5 form factor is nicer to hold, it's good they kind of have that form factor in the non-Plus size on the new iPhones but it's more screen than bezel.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi, will I damage an Android earbuds though if used on this iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.