Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BubbaMc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Interested in using OCLP in the near future to enable Airplay to Mac (and other locked out functionality, maybe Ventura or a later OS in the future).

Are there plans for OCLP to be officially supported on the 6,1?

Does anyone have it currently working, and are you happy with it? Any big known issues with the 6,1?

TimmuJapan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
Interested in using OCLP in the near future to enable Airplay to Mac (and other locked out functionality, maybe Ventura or a later OS in the future).

Are there plans for OCLP to be officially supported on the 6,1?

The OCLP developers have started working on patching possibilities for Ventura, but they have explained that this is a big job and won’t know what is possible for probably about 6 months. It is a waiting game right now.

You can check the threads and websites below for updates, but there won’t be a concrete answer to the above question probably for some time.

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/998

Thread 'macOS 13 Ventura on Unsupported Macs Thread'
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-13-ventura-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2346881/

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...d.2346881/page-13?post=31190171#post-31190171

Reactions: BubbaMc

BubbaMc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Has anyone got Airplay to Mac, Universal Control or Sidecar running on the 6,1 with OCLP?

BubbaMc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
every time I try, my Mac Pro 6,1 just keeps crashing every few mins. Trying to figure this one out as well.
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully in the future this will be possible, when the 6,1 is supported by OCLP.

liudayu

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2014
I got it working, I posted in the OCLP discord and was shared in GitHub.
DummyPowerManagement to true will make your system stop from crashing, then you need to add CPUFriendDataProvider.kext and CPUFriend.kext into kexts folder and add them into your config file. Last step is disable the DummyPowerManagement and everything will work perfectly

This is how you enable Universal Control: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/blob/main/docs/UNIVERSALCONTROL.md

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Last edited:

ironmanny1

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2018
I got it working, I posted in the OCLP discord and was shared in GitHub.
DummyPowerManagement to true will make your system stop from crashing, then you need to add CPUFriendDataProvider.kext and CPUFriend.kext into kexts folder and add them into your config file. Last step is disable the DummyPowerManagement and everything will work perfectly

This is how you enable Universal Control: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/blob/main/docs/UNIVERSALCONTROL.md
Thank you, I was able to stop my Mac from crashing by setting the dummypowermanagement to true. I added the kext and the configuration to the config.plist but my Mac refuses to boot. So then I just remove the configuration to test out the spoofing and Universal control.

I see the universal control, iCloud, handoff, wifi, bluetooth are enabled. however, I don't see the link keyboard and mouse option on my Mac Pro. I see it on my M1 MacBook Pro where I can select that choice to connect to my iPad. But can't see my spoof Mac Pro.

ironmanny1

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2018
oh I figured it out, I have a Logitech craft keyboard and mx master 3, I use the Logitech options software. When installed the link keyboard and mouse doesn't show up. I've uninstalled it and now its working properly.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
As I purchased an eGFX last week, I can confirm 100% stability (on Big Sur 11.6.7 for now), including sleep/wake (in regards to Kryptonite using OC 0.7.4 Post#9).
It works with DummyPowerManagement set to FALSE.
I attached the EFI folder the script created for my MP6,1 - maybe it's helpful.
The next goal would be Monterey with Airplay to Mac.

Attachments

• Kryptonite_EFI.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Prometeo

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
As I purchased an eGFX last week, I can confirm 100% stability (on Big Sur 11.6.7 for now), including sleep/wake (in regards to Kryptonite using OC 0.7.4 Post#9).
It works with DummyPowerManagement set to FALSE.
I attached the EFI folder the script created for my MP6,1 - maybe it's helpful.
The next goal would be Monterey with Airplay to Mac.
Sorry for been so late to this party.
Has it been any new issues since @arw post the "100% stability"?
This Machine is an Unicorn, and I intend to use it for Music (ROON, AUDIOIVANA) and Video (PLEX) (multithread apps)
It's beauty make it a 10 in WAF (wife acceptance factor)
Thanks.

Reactions: Larsvonhier

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Sorry for been so late to this party.
Has it been any new issues since @arw post the "100% stability"?
This Machine is an Unicorn, and I intend to use it for Music (ROON, AUDIOIVANA) and Video (PLEX) (multithread apps)
It's beauty make it a 10 in WAF (wife acceptance factor)
Thanks.
Is your question related to Open Core?
If not, the Mac Pro 6,1 runs Big Sur and Monterey without any hacks.
OC is only necessary if you a.e. want to use an eGPU which I doubt will improve performance for your mentioned cases of application. Or is it about not officially supported features like Airplay to Mac?
For the least worries and most stable system, simply ensure you're on the latest Big Sur 11.6.8 and firmware 430.140.2.0.0.
Also the latest Monterey 12.5.1 (with the mentioned firmware) is said to be quite stable.

I can't comment on the recent OC stability on the 6,1 as I'm currently using a vanilla 11.6.8.
Photoshop performance with my eGPU was really bad so there's currently no imperative for me to use OC.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.