Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve Jobless

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2006
i currently have orb (streaming music and videos) on my MCE pc and would like to know if it will work in osx (since it streams with windows media player) also what formats do the videos need to be in to work?

thanks

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
Steve Jobless
i currently have orb (streaming music and videos) on my MCE pc and would like to know if it will work in osx (since it streams with windows media player) also what formats do the videos need to be in to work?
thanks
I just hooked an old ORB unit to my B/W G3/300, OS 10.2.8, showed up on the desktop as an PC drive. No drivers needed, since this unit was never out of the box, I re-formatted MacOS extended, and use it as a depot for text and small graphic files. Too slow for anything else. I grabbed windows media player for Mac before this discontinued it. From my readings here Flip4Mac or something like that seems to be the preferred choice for Windows media.

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
I run VLC on OS 10.4.7 (work computer), works fine. Don't have it for OS 10.2.8. If you have Divx videos, VLC works. Have not tried wmv files with it.

Steve Jobless

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2006
how can i play .avi files? its seems as if orb doesnt support it.

also how can i play or convert wma files? does itunes do it automatically like in windows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.