Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I am in need of a new forum avatar. If possible, I would like one that has “Robert” in fancy calligraphy with a Apple in the background. I would also like the avatar background color matching the forum background color, making the avatar appear to 3D.

I will gladly pay for the service. If you can help, please let me know.

Thanks.

Reactions: 1240766

Cancelled
Nov 2, 2020
I am in need of a new forum avatar. If possible, I would like one that has “Robert” in fancy calligraphy with a Apple in the background. I would also like the avatar background color matching the forum background color, making the avatar appear to 3D.

I will gladly pay for the service. If you can help, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi did get someone? I love the idea and would like to pay for one as well, without Robert of course

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
You would probably want the background of the avatar to be transparent so it would render the same on both light and dark modes.

Also...

when you say a picture of an apple, are you referring to an actual apple or Apple's apple logo?

with your name across the top, as in on the apple or above it?

(if on the apple) would you want your name to look like it was engraved or etched in the apple?

All these questions are important if you want a more precise mockup.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You would probably want the background of the avatar to be transparent so it would render the same on both light and dark modes.

Also...

when you say a picture of an apple, are you referring to an actual apple or Apple's apple logo?

with your name across the top, as in on the apple or above it?

(if on the apple) would you want your name to look like it was engraved or etched in the apple?

All these questions are important if you want a more precise mockup.
I appreciate the followup Assimilated. You brought up things I didn't think of.

With regards to background, transparent fo sure.

As to the Apple, the logo would be nice.

With my name, I think etched would look good although it really is one of those things you need to see to get an idea of howe it really looks.

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
Does the forum render transparent backgrounds properly or does it give it a static white background? I know you can switch between light and dark mode, but I’m not sure how that would change it. It’s probably not a big deal either way.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
i re-did mine, the secret is to get everything in a circle by using a square.
i can mess around see what i can do in Photoshop with Apple_Roberts now
well this is a start, kinda simple:

Last edited:
Reactions: Quackers

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I am not sure how it would look but, I would thinking about a black logo with gold text.
1609860437622.png

Reactions: Quackers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.