Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matrem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2021
Currently I have iPhone XR, I’m thinking about buying a new model, 11 is quite as same as XR so it isn’t a good idea to buy it. iPhone 12 seems fine but in my country it’s expensive, do you think that it is worth to wait until mid September and buy it after the premiere of IP14? In Poland MacBook Air m1 and generally all of MacBooks had their price increased after WWDC, so I have doubt if IPhone 12 will be cheaper. What do you think? There will be reduction of price of previous models after iPhone 14 release?

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I do not believe Apple will sell their older models at a discount due to high inflation. Like the above poster said, third party retailers looking to clear their stock are your best bet.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Apple will generally drop prices for older models when the new models come out. And drop some models. For instance, when the 13 models came out they dropped the 12 and 12 mini prices, and discontinues the 12 pro.

The1Biz

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2018
Let's see what the lineup will be as the 13 becomes the 2nd tier phone. I'm curious if they are going to keep the 13 mini as the only smaller option, if they keep it at all.

Reactions: tranceking26

Retops

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Oklahoma
Let's see what the lineup will be as the 13 becomes the 2nd tier phone. I'm curious if they are going to keep the 13 mini as the only smaller option, if they keep it at all.
My wife wants a 13 mini because of rumors they are being discontinued. Her current X is working fine, but she eventually wants to replace it with a mini. I am hoping to grab one at some discount after the new models are announced and just store it until she needs it, but I wonder how much stock there is in the market currently?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.