Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Man I wish my iPad only had a cracked screen. Put it on a cheap TV tray and the damn thing self-immolated. Luckily I had a fire extinguisher nearby. For the two minutes it was alight, you could really see the high definition contrast between the burning iPad and the not-burning-yet TV tray. There was some blooming though, if I’m being honest.

prime17569

macrumors regular
May 26, 2021
Jokes aside, I think the OP is worried that setting the iPad down on a flat surface will cause cracks because of the camera bump causing it to lie down unevenly. If that is the question, then the answer is probably not, you should be fine.

If you're still unsure, you might want to get a case that is thicker than the camera bump so that the iPad can lay down flat. Or even get one with a kickstand to make watching movies easier for you.

Reactions: Xak444

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Posts 19 and 21 from that link are enlightening.
Definitely gives a different perspective to the post.

Like an earlier poster typed, your camera won’t crack from lying on a surface. A case may give you peace of mind as it adds extra padding around the iPad without adding much weight.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Really, there's a reality distortion issue here. Best to ask these questions in a private setting instead of Mac Rumors. even though the folks here are wonderful people, with their own issues LOL, it's nevertheless, an open forum, and I fear for some responses. I posted myself in that other thread you made, but deleted the post once you explained your condition.

Good luck! (and try to relax, ff sake)

Reactions: wehereiai

wehereiai

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 23, 2021
United States
Really, there's a reality distortion issue here. Best to ask these questions in a private setting instead of Mac Rumors. even though the folks here are wonderful people, with their own issues LOL, it's nevertheless, an open forum, and I fear for some responses. I posted myself in that other thread you made, but deleted the post once you explained your condition.

Good luck! (and try to relax, ff sake)
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.