Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lenovo1709

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Hello everyone.

I'm wondering will the apple store in Chicago(the 679 North Michigan one) have any 3G models(preferably the 32GB version) in stock tomorrow?

Cause it really cost a lot for me to go there but I can't wait any longer and all the local stores ran out of them.

It will be greatly appreciated if someone could kindly share some exprience(like you were there today and they still have plenty or they got a long wait list or whatever) on this one or any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Given that it's the flagship store I'd imagine yes. There are also a bunch of other apple stores not too far away.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I know that supplies around Chicago are very constrained right now. A family member waited on Apple's list for 8 or 9 days just to get the 64 GB WiFi model. I would call first thing in the morning before going down there.

lenovo1709

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Thanks for help everyone.

Actually after quite a few minutes someone picked up the phone and said that they don't have any:(

I'll call again tomorrow and see if magic happens.

KeriJane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
ЧИКАГО!
No.

The little dears are sold out everywhere.

You are most unlikely to waltz into an Apple Store or Best Buy and find any iPad at all, certainly not a 3G.

Your best bet is to just order one, wait for it to be manufactured and then shipped. Took a couple of weeks for me and for a friend. My 16gb 3G took a few days longer than their 32gb 3G, if that makes any difference to you.

Have Fun,
Keri

P.S. It's worth the wait!

Ipadq

macrumors member
May 27, 2010
The Schaumburg and Naperville stores had some in stock last thursday when I inquired for a friend. I bought mine at the Chicago store last month when none of the other suburban stores had any. That said, do call before you go. Even if they have some in stock when you call, they wil not hold it for you; so you have to take a chance either way.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
The last few times I was in an Apple Store, they simply laughed at me when I asked about iPad availability.

Brokebroker83

macrumors member
May 3, 2010
Chicago
I was in the store yesterday and was informed that they do have a few units left. Though i would recommend calling before making any trip down there. You never know if there will be any left in stock by the time you get down there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.