Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

an7oniolatte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2015
I was able to get the first beta installed with a developer account on one of my laptops and i was wondering if this version will expire. if yes i guess i will have to go back to yosemite or wait for the public beta and see if i can install that on top of this version (seems unlikely).

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I was able to get the first beta installed with a developer account on one of my laptops and i was wondering if this version will expire. if yes i guess i will have to go back to yosemite or wait for the public beta and see if i can install that on top of this version (seems unlikely).

OS X DPs don't expire. I have the second developer preview of Yosemite still installed on my 2008 MBP. Still works. I can't be bothered to keep it up-to-date.

Reactions: an7oniolatte

an7oniolatte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2015
@an7oniolatte, out of curiosity, what is the reason you don't want to update to beta 2?
There is no reason, if i could i totally would. the thing is i had access to a developer that allowed me to get the betas and i did it that way. i will update my computer when i can, even i have to wait for the final version. obviously i will think about installing betas a little bit more next time.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
There is no reason, if i could i totally would. the thing is i had access to a developer that allowed me to get the betas and i did it that way. i will update my computer when i can, even i have to wait for the final version. obviously i will think about installing betas a little bit more next time.
But you can. It should show up in App Store > Updates regardless, and no developer account is required to install it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.