Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
hi, I was wondering since next moth is the Ios 11 release to the public(based on last few ios releases) but sadly the iphone 5 which is 32bit doesn't get ios 11 and ios 11 drops 32bit support entirely. So my question would be will the developer still continue to provide 32bit app support or all developers are required to make and publish only 64bit apps to the app store with no 32bit support.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
From my understanding, and what I have seen on Apple's Developer site, only 64-bit submissions are being accepted. This includes updates to existing apps.

Believe I read that Apple stopped accepting 32-bit submissions in 2015, and has started to pull "abandoned" apps from the iTunes store in 2016.

Reactions: SSAJ

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
From my understanding, and what I have seen on Apple's Developer site, only 64-bit submissions are being accepted. This includes updates to existing apps.

Believe I read that Apple stopped accepting 32-bit submissions in 2015, and has started to pull "abandoned" apps from the iTunes store in 2016.

does this apply to ios 11 app submission? Because I still can download(apps that doesn't requires 64bit only) and app update on my iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.