Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evilgreg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I bought a iPod dock for my 5G iPod, it's the one with the IR reciever built into it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the iPod touch will be compatible with this dock, or if it's too wide. I know it comes with a dock adapter in the box, so this leads me to think it will fit. Thanks!

PS
Is there a certain way you are supposed to remove the dock adapter from the iPod dock station?

sJv

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Sierra Foothills, CA
If the iPod Touch is like the iPhone, it will work, including the remote control. Video out will probably not work as it looks like apple has done something proprietary with the video out port that requires a special chip in the dock or cable to unlock it.

-steve

I bought a iPod dock for my 5G iPod, it's the one with the IR reciever built into it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the iPod touch will be compatible with this dock, or if it's too wide. I know it comes with a dock adapter in the box, so this leads me to think it will fit. Thanks!

PS
Is there a certain way you are supposed to remove the dock adapter from the iPod dock station?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.