Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman730

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to monitors and the computer specs needed and I see some complaints or horror stories of people trying to get Macs working properly with different resolutions and monitors so I'm nervous about what to buy. The IT guy at work is going to get one of these for us to use but I want to make sure there's not compatibility issues. Has anyone tried this or know if it will work at it's full resolution with a new M2 MacBook Air?

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
It will work at full resolution, but you may find that the screen elements are too small for you. If that's the case, then you have to play with the scaling options. You may not get the scaling option that's best for you from the built-in options or you may find that they provide somewhat fuzzy text. You'll just have to play with it to see what will and won't work for you.

There is also a utility for the Mac, SwitchResX, that will give you more flexibility in configuring the display settings/scaling options.

There are a couple of large threads about dealing with these issues in the Apple Silicon forum that you may find useful.

As an aside, I have this display, but it's on my Windows AMD Threadripper system. I haven't yet gotten around to playing with it on a Mac, so I can't currently give you any direct experience with it.

Reactions: Superman730
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.