Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
What is the likelihood of walking into a Best Buy or Apple store on Friday after work and picking up a white 16 gb mini?

Are people expecting the product to sell out quickly?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
What is the likelihood of walking into a Best Buy or Apple store on Friday after work and picking up a white 16 gb mini?

Are people expecting the product to sell out quickly?

For sure, 10000% yes, without a doubt... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

How do you expect anyone to know the answer to this? If the past couple iPad launches tell us anything, no they won't be sold out... but there's absolutely no way of knowing until Friday.

If you want a better shot of getting one, try 10pm on Apple.com thursday night, and it'll let you reserve one in-store for pickup anytime Friday.

But seriously, what were you expecting... a response that would give you assurance that they'll have ample supply for you at 5 pm? Hell, even the friggin store manager wouldn't know that at this point. They're retail employees and they find out what they'll have at the point when they open the box and see how many they get in the shipment, usually about 2 minutes before you'll know. Retail = trained monkeys, and nobody in Apple supply chain is dumb enough to be involved with commenting on these things.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Walk Ins

Oh, I'm sure that all of the retailers will have them. The question is . . . what will they have. They don't seem to know what they are getting in (models or number of units).

Not sure how your luck will run in getting what you want after work. You may want to place an order, as a back up, on the Apple Store. You can always cancel it when you get back home.

Risner123

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Depends..

I work at best buy and i saw the shipping log for my region yesterday. and it said each store would receive between 10-25 ipad minis of each GB. I think the 10-25 range would go for every retail chain such as walmart and target as well. With that many i think you may be out of luck.. with getting it after work.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I had preordered an iPad 3 Wifi only and got it on release day. Then I decided I wished I'd bought one with the LTE so I gave mine to my wife and a week after the release I got a WiFi+ Cellular 64 GB at a Staples store.

It will really depend on which model you want. I'd say forget about getting a white 16 GB unless you are one of the first in line overnight. For that matter I would not have high hopes on a 16GB in black either on opening day.

----------

will apple stores have ipad mini to sell at 8am on 11-2?

Absolutely they will. The question will be how many.

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
It will really depend on which model you want. I'd say forget about getting a white 16 GB unless you are one of the first in line overnight. For that matter I would not have high hopes on a 16GB in black either on opening day.

I don't think too many people will be lining up overnight for an ipad. From what people are saying on this forum, they have never sold out on opening day before.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I don't think too many people will be lining up overnight for an ipad. From what people are saying on this forum, they have never sold out on opening day before.

I got my first version iPad at the Apple store in the Eaton Centre in Toronto on the 2nd day. I got a Black 32 GB because it was the only one that was not sold out. Now I did not line up either.

But when the "2" came out we tried to get one for my wife and we could not. We could not even get online fast enough to pre-reserve a pick-up for the next day at any of the stores in Toronto area. Finally we gave up and ordered one for delivery and waited it out.

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I got my first version iPad at the Apple store in the Eaton Centre in Toronto on the 2nd day. I got a Black 32 GB because it was the only one that was not sold out. Now I did not line up either.

But when the "2" came out we tried to get one for my wife and we could not. We could not even get online fast enough to pre-reserve a pick-up for the next day at any of the stores in Toronto area. Finally we gave up and ordered one for delivery and waited it out.

Well, that certainly sucks.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I am going to say no, they won't be sold out. Based off the last iPad release, I am going to say they will have plenty of stock.

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
i think minis all sold out but ipad 4s left at apple store.
best buys sold out of everything, like always.

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Yeah because they get 10 models :)

Very true. that along with, there being so many different types of iPad minis. 16, 32, 64, black and white. If they get like 15 of each. The odds of getting the actual one you want is very slim.

oh wait...that is probably what you meant by "models".... well i already typed this out so im still submitting this reply.

iAi

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
The iPad minis will be sold out everywhere as the carriers are not selling it 11/02.

And it is too sexy to be left in the counters. :p

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
The iPad minis will be sold out everywhere as the carriers are not selling it 11/02.

And it is too sexy to be left in the counters. :p
The minis dont have cellular so most people will wait until it does have cellular. I am going to get cellular if I feel like I need it when it actually comes out but I see no sense in paying 10 extra dollars to add it to mobile share when I can just tether my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.