Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeoPlaysMC Elevators

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2022
Illinois, USA
I was thinking to myself, will there be a hands-on demo at the Apple Store for the headset. There must be because the iPhone, iPad, and MacBooks have hands-on demos at the store.

What do you guys think?

bkkcanuck8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2015
I was thinking to myself, will there be a hands-on demo at the Apple Store for the headset. There must be because the iPhone, iPad, and MacBooks have hands-on demos at the store.

What do you guys think?
Yes, they will... not sure how they will handle the light seal (hygenic), but I have no doubt they will find a way to demo it even if it is not necessarily the best fit for the demo. There will be a few locations like Tokyo and Singapore (closer to me) to try out apps that you are developing for it for developers before that (those that don't get the developer kit).

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022

What do you guys think?

They already confirmed during WWDC with the press that demo units will be available at all Apple Stores when the headset launches

Yes, they will... not sure how they will handle the light seal (hygenic), but I have no doubt they will find a way to demo it even if it is not necessarily the best fit for the demo. There will be a few locations like Tokyo and Singapore (closer to me) to try out apps that you are developing for it for developers before that (those that don't get the developer kit).

Apple sanitizes the AirPods Maxes for demos, so there's no doubt they'll sanitize the HMD too, especially since you gotta be observed by an Apple Store employee as you demo the headset.

LeoPlaysMC Elevators

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2022
Illinois, USA
They already confirmed during WWDC with the press that demo units will be available at all Apple Stores when the headset launches

Apple sanitizes the AirPods Maxes for demos, so there's no doubt they'll sanitize the HMD too, especially since you gotta be observed by an Apple Store employee as you demo the headset.
Ok, I was just making sure.

kkee

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2023
Sydney
Just to be clear, it probably won't be available at all Apple stores. Big cities stores are most likely to have them for demo, so please make sure first before you drive to your nearest store.

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
This is interesting in USA stores with all the stealing etc. Is Apple going to do this? appointment only seemly.

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
Tokyo is mostly likely to have DEV kits at the start many stores demo this. There are so many places in Tokyo that can host demos. In the past, it always occurred since the cost was higher for us.

dante_mr

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2023
Just to be clear, it probably won't be available at all Apple stores. Big cities stores are most likely to have them for demo, so please make sure first before you drive to your nearest store.
Agreed, probably not all stores.

But to OP, no way Apple doesn't offer demoes and hands-on. I imagine it will be by appointment only to control crowds and make the experience nicer.

For the price, I feel like there should be a comprehensive and bespoke fitting and purchasing process.

Like maybe you have a 30 minute slot start to finish where you get measured and fitted, prescription lens inserts if applicable, and a short demo much like the press got at WWDC. Finally, the Apple Store associate takes you to a Mac or iPad to help you place your order.

Given the highly modular nature of the device and limited supplies, I feel like the Vision Pro itself might have extremely limited stock at launch. Instead, you go to the store for only for the aforementioned experience and place the order there for home delivery.

Though a big part of Apple product launches is people camping at stores for launch day and going out with an Apple Store bag in hand with their new device. So maybe Apple will just try to have huge stock in select locations?

kkee

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2023
Sydney
Though a big part of Apple product launches is people camping at stores for launch day and going out with an Apple Store bag in hand with their new device. So maybe Apple will just try to have huge stock in select locations?
If by appointment only, I would camp online. Poor refresh button will have to endure the abuse for at least a few hours from the second the reservation started :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: dante_mr

dante_mr

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2023
If by appointment only, I would camp online. Poor refresh button will have to endure the abuse for at least a few hours from the second the reservation started :eek:
Haha. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens.

If Apple goes the appointment-only route, I'd bet people will be fighting over those time slots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.