Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will there be a MPB 16 refresh in 2020?

• In April-May

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • In June (WWDC)

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • By the end of August-September

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • In an October Event

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • No, they will wait until 2021

Votes: 33 33.0%

• Total voters

coolX

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2016
First of all, this is my first post so I'm very happy to participate in this community!

I know this topic has been already on the forum, but after all the CV19 events and the many hardware issues that the MBP 16'' seems to have, do you think it is possible that Apple announces a refresh (better cpu, fixed issues and maybe the mini-led screen)?

I'm currently writing my PhD on a MBP with butterfly keyboard and it is an obnoxious experience.. I have to many keys that are stuck and some of them have the double letter problem.. It is really annoying to keep checking if I have left a letter. I could buy the current version but I think that it's better to wait for the refresh and fixed version.

Please, share with my your research, your guesses and your predictions! (-:
what are you writing your phd on?

iMelhado

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2018
United States
According to some reports it looks like they’re going to 14 & 16” instead of 13 & 15” in this next iteration. ?

I wouldn't mind if it's 14" either 13" is also good for me, too. I like power in the compact form. The 16" is extremely compact though in terms of thickness! I had a good ole' 15" before.

I'm conflicted. I have 512GB of storage but I want 1TB but then I'm also conflicted with that because I would want to have 32GB of RAM. 16GB is decent enough though.

Best Buy has the 1TB version with i9 on sale but that's $400 more haha

I want the storage, but not the CPU as much

rbfinch2

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2013
Sorry if I'm double posting but there's so much information and I don't know which is credible. I'm in need of a computer and after the MBP 13 drop I'm still waiting it out and making the right choice. I've been leaning towards a 16" or iMac. The iMac is set to drop again whether it's a refresh or a 23". Think I should wait to see if there 16" is going to refresh soon? Or will this more than likely be a Fall thing.

esphil

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2008
Theres always going to be a new device thats going to get released, just get something for your needs thats currently available.

Rednow

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2020
That leads me to believe, the next refresh will be Ice Lake, Magic Keyboard, and normal LED screen, only question is if it stays 13.3" or increases in size to 14.1" just like the 16" did. The refresh after that, late this year or early 2021, should be Tiger Lake and mini-LED I think.

So, you mean to say we can look forward to seeing a 16" with a tiger lake cpu and mini led or was this towards the 13.3", 14" if it does supposedly come out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.