Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdShort

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2021
Do you think we can expect a new iPad mini 2022 7th generation, or maybe a colour refresh this year or do you think we will have to wait until next year?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I want to get a purple 7th gen but worried they are going to bring out a refresh of some sort in September
Obviously, none of us know for certain, but given Apple's history with the Mini, it is highly unlikely for there be anything Mini-related this year. Not even new colors... they typically use that as a generation differentiator when the external appearance is unchanged from the previous gen.

Reactions: EdShort

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Surely highly unlikely! The previous generation iPad Mini versions were sold for 911 and 922 days respectively, see:

Also, I think that Apple is still working to get enough supply of the Mini into the pipeline to satisfy all of the demand. My closest Apple Store is yet to have a consistent supply of Mini models in the different colors and configurations. They would hardly have any incentive to make changes at this point when the current model is in such demand that they can't keep up with it.

See also:

Reactions: DeepIn2U

MrSky

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2022
You probably won’t see a new iPad mini until end of 2023 at the earliest. The mini have a history of multiple year gaps before a new one .

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Do you think we can expect a new iPad mini 2022 7th generation, or maybe a colour refresh this year or do you think we will have to wait until next year?

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
I would like a mini with pro motion.. but can see that years away. It was staggering to me after using all pro motion devices. The scrolling "issue" on the mini didn't bother me as much as the snappiness im used to with the 11" IPP, 14" MBP and 13 PM.

YMMW but for some reason it was a bit annoying to me... Although I'm thinking about getting another one thats how awesome I thought the mini 6 was.

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006
I wish they would fix the scrolling. I love the form factor, but I am staying on the sidelines because of the scrolling performance.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
I would like a mini with pro motion.. but can see that years away. It was staggering to me after using all pro motion devices. The scrolling "issue" on the mini didn't bother me as much as the snappiness im used to with the 11" IPP, 14" MBP and 13 PM.

YMMW but for some reason it was a bit annoying to me... Although I'm thinking about getting another one thats how awesome I thought the mini 6 was.
I agree, for my 2 weeks with the mini and my 12.9” , no Face ID annoyed me way more, no pro motion or so called jelly scrolling had no affect on me.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
If you NEED a new iPad now, get the one you want. If you can afford to wait you can but it’s highly unlikely there will be a new iPad mini this year, or even next.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.