Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
Apple cant be too happy about everyone hacking the iphone... What do you all think... will apple put something in their first update to prevent the iphone hackings. I know the hackers will probably come up with something else to get around that, but im just wondering. I did quite a few things to my phone already and love the customizability that hacking offers. customizability- thats a pretty big word, if it is even a word, HAHA

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Impossible to say, although I guess the ability to hack it will slowly disappear with updates. Like with OS X, certain 'hack' programs (GUI modifiers etc...) slowly had to change with the OS over time. I doubt you'll lose the ability to modify things alltogether...

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
Yea I hope we never loose the abilty to hack our phones, but just in case we do I'm going to hack away at everything I can now and hope I don't have to reset my phone to factory settings in the future.

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
Apple cant be too happy about everyone hacking the iphone... What do you all think... will apple put something in their first update to prevent the iphone hackings. I know the hackers will probably come up with something else to get around that, but im just wondering. I did quite a few things to my phone already and love the customizability that hacking offers. customizability- thats a pretty big word, if it is even a word, HAHA

Yes Joshua there still will be updates after the first update, but only after you wipe out all the hacks you already did, update the phone, and then put all the hacks you preveously did back on the phone. F word!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.