Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

50thVert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Hey every1,
Im thinking about buying one of these enclosures:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/MEFW912AL2/

the only question i have is this....if i put a WD 200GB 7200RPM and a WD 160GB 7200RPM hard drive in there, will it work? I know about the potential loss in RAID performance, but im willing to have less speed, more space as "one" raid0 drive, and a less cluttered desk.

Thanks,
-Zach

50thVert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I figured it would be that much easier to post on here, assuming SOMEONE is running an external HD with an Oxford 912 chipset...rather than sit on hold and talk to Customer Service or Tech Support, who generally know just as much as the manual or the general public....

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
50thVert said:
who generally know just as much as the manual or the general public....

Not with OWC, the people there were great in my experiences!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
50thVert said:
I figured it would be that much easier to post on here, assuming SOMEONE is running an external HD with an Oxford 912 chipset...rather than sit on hold and talk to Customer Service or Tech Support, who generally know just as much as the manual or the general public....
Respectfully, someone with that particular 2 - drive RAID enclosure with, the same rev. of Oxford firmware, with the same mismatched Western Digital drives and who has set them up in the same way might have some usable advice. But the rest of us would be making a WAG* at it, and extrapolating that to your situation might cost you more time, trouble and aggravation than an email to OWG would.

(* Wild @$$ed Guess)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.