Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you be turned off by the iPhone 7 if it lacked a 3.5mm Jack

• Yes I would be turned off!

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • No, I can live with out it

Votes: 43 59.7%

• Total voters

woodywoodz

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
NewYork
It rumored that there will be NO headphone jack and Dual-lens camera for iPhone 7 Plus. If it is, will you buy this new iphone? Which features you expected most?

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
It rumored that there will be NO headphone jack and Dual-lens camera for iPhone 7 Plus. If it is, will you buy this new iphone? Which features you expected most?
I don't care at all about the headphone jack. I am more interested in a higher resolution display and better speakers. If I get that and have the money to spend, then I am buying it.

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

woodywoodz

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
NewYork
I don't care at all about the headphone jack. I am more interested in a higher resolution display and better speakers. If I get that and have the money to spend, then I am buying it.
:DIt seems that you often watch videos on your iphone~

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
So will you expect a larger screen and higher resolution to have a better visual experience?
Actually, I've not had any issues with the screen size or resolution. I watch movies and tv shows on my 6s and Siri/dictation work well enough that I rarely have to use the keyboard.

jannkarrasch

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2015
GER
Hard to say. I'd personally decide it when it's out and also consider looking at the probably lowered price of the 6S (Plus)

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I'll wait till the usb c iPhone which is coming.
think you will be waiting a long time for that

no headphone jack wouldn't bother me at all. Would just use the earbuds and if the speakers are a lot better then thats a bonus.

highly unlikely you see any display quality increase. That will be next year.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
I use bluetooth headphones anyway so I really don't need a headphone jack.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
Prob not. Removing the headphone jack just to make it 1mm thinner is the stupidest design IMO. Many many people still use the headphone jack (me being one of them).

Wireless != better.

Reactions: dan110

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
You could ask these folks:
Poll 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Or these folks:
[Poll: Apple Should Keep The 3.5mm On iPhone 7

Or these folks:
Would No Headphone Jack Force You To Move Away From The iPhone?

Or these folks:
Will You Buy iPhone 7 Or Not If There Is No Headphone Jack?

Or these folks:
Would A Thinner Aux-Jack-Less iPhone Be a Dealbreaker?

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Personally if there is stereo sound to me that will be a big plus for me. Earbuds will be fine for me and if needed will get some wireless headphones and going forward I expect most companies to follow suit.

Frosties

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
Will wait until Apple has upgraded bluetooth to 5 and hope they keep the headphone jack. Will wait until next year if the headphone jack is removed due to loss of innovation on Apple's part.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
I originally purchased 6s Plus, but after owning it for just 3 days I had decided that the size was too big and ended up with 6s. Depending on how the iPhone 7 looks like, I might consider getting one just to get the bigger size. If there isn't enough features etc, I might just keep the 6s and wait till next year.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010

I will be purchasing the 7 Plus. I always look forward to bumps in performance and camera quality. Those are the only things I really hope for.

The status of the headphone jack is of exactly zero concern to me. I really don't care one way or the other. Worst case scenario, we'll still be able to use our existing headphones with an adapter.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
I just bought a nice set of headphones that use the 3.5" connector :)

But I generally don't use head phones. So, when I do, I can just use an adapter.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'll buy it, but I won't be too happy with the removal of the jack. I use it all the time and I just purchased some nicer wired headphones (ATH-M50x). I'll be okay if the adapter is cheap and doesn't add much length of bul to the current cord. Just something in-line would be nice that isn't bulky.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I'll find a way to live without the headphone jack if there are other compelling features. I would consider the absence to be detrimental, though not necessarily a deal breaker.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
As a tech guy, I'll buy the latest iPhone regardless. Sad, I know, but...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.