Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kindaichi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
to buy from someone who exchanged his unit with Apple recently. it is brand new and come with original box, accessories?

is it still worth it in 2021?

Last edited:

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
No. Do you need 256GB?

That phone was first available 3.5 years ago. Better tech and longer support if you spend another ~$380USD. Plus, sell the unit that Apple is requiring you to exchange (even if broken), so your out of pocket might be only an extra $200.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
The only newer iPhone you could by around that price would be the SE2. You would get better cpu/gpu and longevity but it uses the last gen body and screen tech so not sure exactly what is important to you in a phone.. I've had the X since release and its been a great phone. No complaints or problems except the battery is getting a bit worn but I've used it daily for three and a half years and feel that's acceptable for it's age

Reactions: RRC

kindaichi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
The only newer iPhone you could by around that price would be the SE2. You would get better cpu/gpu and longevity but it uses the last gen body and screen tech so not sure exactly what is important to you in a phone.. I've had the X since release and its been a great phone. No complaints or problems except the battery is getting a bit worn but I've used it daily for three and a half years and feel that's acceptable for it's age
i think it is still more worth it to get than the SE2. at least it is all screen design, the SE2 is too outdated in design.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.