Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truthfulie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
Stock apps will probably support HandOff, but third-party apps may or may not support HandOff since not all iOS apps have OSX counterpart. Ones without the native app may support it via web based solution, but native app is almost always preferred. So, will you switch iOS/OSX apps you are using something else if it meant better HandOff support?

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Stock apps will probably support HandOff, but third-party apps may or may not support HandOff since not all iOS apps have OSX counterpart. Ones without the native app may support it via web based solution, but native app is almost always preferred. So, will you switch iOS/OSX apps you are using something else if it meant better HandOff support?

Probably not. So far to me anyway it doesn't seem very useful. However I would like to be able to make and receive calls from my Mac when they finally get it working

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Well I use the stock apps for most things anyway, but I'll probably end up using Pages and Numbers more than Word and Excel. Handoff is a pretty nice feature actually

Truthfulie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
My main concern is email client. It's nice to check email on iOS device and if it needs lengthy reply, I can just hop on mac and it's waiting for me to type. But I really don't like the stock Mail for both OS X and iOS. I am using Mailbox on iOS and Airmail on OS X...hopefully OS X version of Mailbox will be released soon...(and include HandOff support)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
My main concern is email client. It's nice to check email on iOS device and if it needs lengthy reply, I can just hop on mac and it's waiting for me to type. But I really don't like the stock Mail for both OS X and iOS. I am using Mailbox on iOS and Airmail on OS X...hopefully OS X version of Mailbox will be released soon...(and include HandOff support)

Most mail apps on iOS have a web counterpart. Why not just start the e-mail on iOS app and then save it as a draft and resume it from any computer and not necessarily even a Mac?

Truthfulie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
Most mail apps on iOS have a web counterpart. Why not just start the e-mail on iOS app and then save it as a draft and resume it from any computer and not necessarily even a Mac?
That's a valid option too I suppose. I rarely need to write email with other computers than my own and just thought it'd be nice and more fluid transition than to use draft saving, if I could utilize HandOff feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.