Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blurredline

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Fort McMurray, AB
Under the Settings menu on my iPhone 3G will not even connect to Mobile Me when trying to set up. It just says "Your Username or Password for mail.me.com is incorrect" Has anyone else run into this? I've changed my password to see if that works, but still nothing...suggestions?...This is driving me absolutely insane. I've been very patient about all of this, but I would really like all of my Mobile Me online information to Push to my new iPhone so I don't have to program all my contacts and calendar information. Thanks all!:)

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
Under the Settings menu on my iPhone 3G will not even connect to Mobile Me when trying to set up. It just says "Your Username or Password for mail.me.com is incorrect" Has anyone else run into this? I've changed my password to see if that works, but still nothing...suggestions?...This is driving me absolutely insane. I've been very patient about all of this, but I would really like all of my Mobile Me online information to Push to my new iPhone so I don't have to program all my contacts and calendar information. Thanks all!:)

mine seemed to work fine

mrrydogg

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007
Bay Area
Nope, I've had it setup since yesterday, but it won't work on my iPhone. Everything works on the web app(except the mail just loads/spins forever)

Are you syncing from a mac or pc? or are you only using the online apps and syncing it with your phone?

I think you just need your username. But every setup is a little different based on what you want to do.

jdcoffman

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2005
Columbia, MO
I think it might have been a temporary server issue today, because I tried to add my .mac account to my iphone 3g in the store this morning and it wouldn't work.

by the time I got home and tried again, it was working fine.

sandyfun

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
I have been so frustrated!

I have spent hours today trying to set up a mobile me account. I keep trying to put in my user name and password and keep getting an e-mail saying the username/password is incorrect! I was online with someone from mobile me and somehow we got separated, but he directed me to the same page I had already been on for hours! I give up!! Did you have any luck?:(

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I've had my account since the dotMac days, but it's worked this way for me since I got my iPhone 3G on the Saturday after launch last year. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 83

pruppert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
I would like to somewhat revisit this. I had a trial version of MobileMe some time back that expired. Now I want to reinstate that account (same username and password). Can I reactivate on the iPad? I ask because I do not currently have Internet access for my Mac. Thanks.

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
I would like to somewhat revisit this...

As far as I know, account creation/reactivation is only done online, through me.com. You can sync whenever you'd like.

Have you tried logging in from your iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.