Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bonobobakunin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
Chicago
Apologies if it is heresy to post a Windows question in these communities. And I know this question is more appropriately asked in a Windows forum. I have done that, but am casting my net wide. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 I have to use for work. I bought an Apple Studio Display to hook up to it at home because I am a Mac user at home. The display works, but only as a mirror of the laptop display. Windows does not identify or recognize the display to allow me to extend the displays or control the settings on the display. Any help? Thanks

DarkPremiumCho

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2023
The bad news is Studio Display is not compatible with Windows. It will not be fully functional.

Make sure your laptop supports 5K 60 Hz output with a single thunderbolt cable. Even with that, it could still need some hacks to achieve your goal.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Apologies if it is heresy to post a Windows question in these communities. And I know this question is more appropriately asked in a Windows forum. I have done that, but am casting my net wide. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 I have to use for work. I bought an Apple Studio Display to hook up to it at home because I am a Mac user at home. The display works, but only as a mirror of the laptop display. Windows does not identify or recognize the display to allow me to extend the displays or control the settings on the display. Any help? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.