Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I just ordered an Alienware X51 R3 today. This is the first Windows PC I bought for myself in about 12 years.

Will BF4 run well on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit? It also has the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 with 4 GB of RAM on it.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
If you were looking to game reasonably seriously on this system, you should have ponied up for the model with the GeForce GTX 960. The 745 can probably get 50-60 fps at 1080p in BF4 as long as you use mostly medium settings.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm not a very serious gamer at all. As long as it plays well, I'm happy. I don't care too much about fps and such.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Oh, awesome! I randomly found that while trying to adjust the settings in Project Cars (there must be hundreds) and was in need of a faster way to configure.
I am a little dismayed at one of my other games and the Nvidia GeForce Experience results. Regarding Star Wars Battlefront, it said that my hardware doesn't meet the optimal settings requirements. It’s a brand new Alienware X51 PC. :confused: But, the game looks and plays just fine.

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I am a little dismayed at one of my other games and the Nvidia GeForce Experience results. Regarding Star Wars Battlefront, it said that my hardware doesn't meet the optimal settings requirements. It’s a brand new Alienware X51 PC. :confused: But, the game looks and plays just fine.

Weird, your specs meet the minimum for that one. As long as it plays fine though is all that matters! How do you like Battlefront? I've heard mixed reviews from people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.