Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
This past week, a problem developed on my mid-2012 unibody 15" MacBook Pro when using the Boot Camp Windows 10 partition. I upgraded my Tuxera NTFS software from 2021 to 2022 on the Mac OS Monterey partition, and that went well. I rebooted the Mac OS, and then started to boot into Windows 10. But every time I do, I get a Blue Screen of Death, and so I have to reboot. And it keeps happening, and the only way I can boot into Windows is if I "disable driver signature enforcement" via the startup options.
I tried using the recovery tools on a Windows 10 USB installer to see if I can repair the startup, but that didn't work at all. The Boot Camp drivers seem to be all up to date. Does anyone else know what could be the cause? I REALLY don't want to have to erase and reinstall, as I still use Windows 10 for certain programs and such (and Windows 11 for all other Windows tasks, including when I'm at work).

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Try to downgrade your Tuxera NTFS first if possible, since problem happens immediately after upgrading it. If problem goes away, you are practically stuck on 2021 version for the machine.

If problem does not go away, something else is happening.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Try to downgrade your Tuxera NTFS first if possible, since problem happens immediately after upgrading it. If problem goes away, you are practically stuck on 2021 version for the machine.

If problem does not go away, something else is happening.
Yeah, I tried that, and it must be something else...

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yeah, I tried that, and it must be something else...
If you do regular system drive backup, I’d go and restore the backup and see how things go.
Or a Windows Update breaks it and enforce driver signature.
Something you can check is if all your driver in the system is signed. If anything is found, google around and see who‘s the culprit.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
If you do regular system drive backup, I’d go and restore the backup and see how things go.
Or a Windows Update breaks it and enforce driver signature.
Something you can check is if all your driver in the system is signed. If anything is found, google around and see who‘s the culprit.
It said all the drivers are signed. I still have the problem, though...

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Well, I updated the OCLP on my MacBook Pro to 0.6.1 and also upgraded the Mac OS to Ventura. Then among booting into Windows 10, the problem initially remained, but when I started going into the system settings to create a backup image of the Windows partition, it said the disk had errors and should be checked and repaired, so I let it do so, and it booted into disc check/repair and did its' thing. After that, the problem went away!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.