Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bvega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Santiago, Chile
Hi everyone i have some issues trying to install windows 10 on my mac pro 4.1-5.1

Everything is fine until i have to install the drivers via bootcamp assistant (already on win10)
the setup just crashes trying to install the Intel Chipset Driver. Then the sound from an unplugged device (windows sound) appears, here comes the black screen and the eternal restart loop.
i've trying to re install (win10) so many times but it seems to be a never ending race,

I deleted some drivers (from the bootcamp folder) to install manually later but still when the installer finishes and I have to restart, I can not enter windows. restart loop again

If someone can help me, I will be very grateful

The specs from my mac are

High sierra
Mac pro (early 2009) 4.1 to 5.1
2.66 GHz Quad core intel Xeon
24gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 660 2gb

Dr. Stealth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2004
SoCal-Surf City USA
You don't really need to install the Bootcamp drivers. Win 10 already has pretty much everything you need and probably newer versions than what is packaged with Bootcamp.

I'd do this. Install Win 10 clean (don't install the Bootcamp drivers) then goto Device Manager and see if any hardware is missing a driver. Then just install anything that may be missing. I've run windows a lot without installing the Bootcamp drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.