Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimhoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
I bought a bunch of Bluetooth USB dongles (some plain Bluetooth and some WiFi+Bluetooth combos). I cannot get the Bluetooth USB dongles working because they all have the yellow triangle on Device Manager / Bluetooth / Realtek Bluetooth Adapter (or similar). The dongle manufacturers say I have to uninstall MacBook's own Bluetooth, otherwise I can't install the new driver. However, I have not found a way to do that.

If I uninstall "Bluetooth Radio", it asks for a restart and after restart, the Bluetooth Radio is back! And there is NO Disable choice for that!

And "Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)" (in Device Manager / Bluetooth as well) can be disabled, but i doesn't help. I still cannot install the Realtek Bluetooth Adapter.

How do I uninstall the integrated Bluetooth driver completely?

And does anyone know a Bluetooth adapter that would actually work with MacBook Pro 16" 2019? (The reason I need the adapter in the first place is that the integrated Bluetooth is not compatible with my Sony WH-1000XM3/XM4 headphones under Windows 10, there's a horrible sound cutting problem. Under macOS it works without problems, but the drivers are completely different there.)

jimhoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean because the original Bluetooth Radio (possibly installed by the newest Boot Camp drivers, although the Driver Provider is Microsoft) has it's original driver. So the Roll Back Driver button is greyed out. And the new Realtek driver hasn't been installed so that also has Roll Back Driver greyed out. So, I cannot roll back..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.