Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inspector94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2018
I tried to follow this guide to install windows 10 https://9to5mac.com/2017/08/31/how-windows-10-mac-boot-camp-external-drive-video/

But after i install windows to the ssd and try to boot from it, i keep getting errors as it is loading.
It seems i get different errors each time
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (mrxsmb.sys)
  • DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS (dump_WppRecorder.sys)
  • ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (storqosflt.sys)
The ssd i am using is a Samsung 970 inside a "MyDigitalSSD M2X" enclosure.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Not sure I could follow those instructions as they appear to be complex. Have you tried erasing the Samsung and do the installation again? Lots of work involved but you might have missed something.

inspector94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2018
I tried this method and others multiple times and each time its the same. Im assuming the ssd is causing it but i have no clue how.

Edit: I got it working, seems there is an issue with windows oct update and wintousb so i updated wintousb. But the updated version 4.5 as of writing seems to block u from iinstaling the oct update on the trial version :/. So i used the apr update

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.