Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihyder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
My windows 10 installed via bootcamp was working fine till yesterday when I turned my macbook off and than when I tried to boot in torder windows 10 later the windows won't boot just shows the black screen and nothing else and it's not the laptop turned off black it's like the grayish black when display is in and also my oSx Is working fine can someone please guide me about can I repair this issue thanks in advance

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

tosolini

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
I'm experiencing the same issue. Looks like a recent Win10 update must have messed up something. When I boot up with my Cinema Display connected, everything is fine. When I disconnect the external monitor and I boot up, I get a black screen. Windows is loading though, because if you press the Shift key multiple times, you invoke the Sticky Keys feature, which means the OS is running. It's the graphic card that goes dark the first time you boot after being undocked.

The workaround I found for the time being is to memorize the sequence of keys to restart the Mac without seeing the screen. Then everything works. It's annoying how a Win10 update started causing this problem.

ihyder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
I'm experiencing the same issue. Looks like a recent Win10 update must have messed up something. When I boot up with my Cinema Display connected, everything is fine. When I disconnect the external monitor and I boot up, I get a black screen. Windows is loading though, because if you press the Shift key multiple times, you invoke the Sticky Keys feature, which means the OS is running. It's the graphic card that goes dark the first time you boot after being undocked.

The workaround I found for the time being is to memorize the sequence of keys to restart the Mac without seeing the screen. Then everything works. It's annoying how a Win10 update started causing this problem.
Hey I tried your solution after plugging in an external display it shows the windows logo but won't stuck on the logo now any suggestions?
And thanks for your advice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.