Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArielZTD

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2023
Correct all that is in the document I sent with the screenshots earlier... There is also a registry key call AllBypass that can be renamed to .reg and imported from usb during the install so that nothing even need be typed in the registry only imported. Quick that's how I did it.

Attachments

• Solution 1.pdf
    32.1 KB · Views: 105
  • BypassAll.txt
    322 bytes · Views: 70
Reactions: argasek

DAMGURU-UK

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2023
The quickest way and arguably easiest is:-

1. Open Bootcamp Assistant and download the Windows Support / Bootcamp Driver pack. Close Bootcamp.
2. Download the patched graphic drivers from Bootcampdrivers website (if in your experience you have found these to be more effective). I choose 2023 / March, for max compatibility.
3. Open the official Windows Support / Bootcamp drivers and navigate to the AMD Driver folder. Overwrite the approved drivers with the patched version (when we install Windows, Bootcamp will install the patched AMD Drivers for us and the Adrenalin drivers will work without messing about in safe mode).
4. Download the Windows 11 ISO (multi version).
5. Download Rufus.
6. While all this downloading is going on buy a license from a reputable licensed vendor. You can obtain licences through educational, work or similar initiatives. Cheap licences may not be valid.
7. Download & install Parallels (Demo/Free), use the downloaded iso to install win so we can run Rufus and install ‘windows go’ on an external m.2 nvme drive.
8. Once installed and booted into Parallels, copy the iso to the user desktop (in windows) but drag Rufus to the shared desktop (Mac/win).
9. Select the usb icon or select usb from the menu and select your usb ssd (I used a usb3 to usbc cable as the enclosure was usbc), a notification should pop up, agree then run Rufus.
10. from Rufus you press alt + f to toggle usb drives (if it doesn’t show up), win to go & select start (choose the option you want then next… Rufus will install win 11 & if you want the matrix effect, turn on log view).
When Rufus is complete, copy the win support folder. To your new portable win 11 drive. Now reboot hold alt, let win set up, it’ll reboot again, hold alt and complete the install. Then, use boot camp driver set up and wait for the drivers to install.

I recommend running driver booster and let it update the drivers as you consider slotting that drive internally or, cloning it to a second drive (WintoUSB is great for converting Window to Go to an internal partition). This is where you want to consider Winclone to make deployable image. So that you can recover all your hard work.

I hope this helps and thanks to MisterAndrew for his insights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nguyen Duc Hieu

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
The quickest way and arguably easiest is:-

1. Open Bootcamp Assistant and download the Windows Support / Bootcamp Driver pack. Close Bootcamp.
2. Download the patched graphic drivers from Bootcampdrivers website. I choose 2023 / March, for max compatibility.
3. Open the official Windows Support / Bootcamp drivers and navigate to the AMD Driver folder. Overwrite the approved drivers with the patched version (when we install Windows, Bootcamp will install the patched AMD Drivers for us and the Adrenalin drivers will work without messing about in safe mode).
4. Download the Windows 11 ISO (multi version).
5. Download Rufus.
6. While all this downloading is going on buy a license (I got Win 11 5 user license & Office suite for $5 from a German reseller using a discount code).
7. Download & install Parallels, use the downloaded iso to install win so we can run Rufus and install ‘windows go’ on an external m.2 nvme drive.
8. Once installed and booted into Parallels, copy the iso to the user desktop (in windows) but drag Rufus to the shared desktop (Mac/win).
9. Select the usb icon or select usb from the menu and select your usb ssd (I used a usb3 to usbc cable as the enclosure was usbc), a notification should pop up, agree then run Rufus.
10. from Rufus you press alt + f to toggle usb drives (if it doesn’t show up), win to go & select start (choose the option you want then next… Rufus will install win 11 & if you want the matrix effect, turn on log view).
When Rufus is complete, copy the win support folder. To your new portable win 11 drive. Now reboot hold alt, let win set up, it’ll reboot again, hold alt and complete the install. Then, use boot camp driver set up and wait for the drivers to install.

I recommend running driver booster and let it update every driver as you sip a beer and consider slotting that drive internally or, just clone it to a second drive. This is where you want Winclone to make a deployable image with all the drivers & hard work done.

I hope this helps!
Why do you instruct to install hacked graphics drivers? AMD updated the official Boot Camp drivers pretty recently. Use those. Also a $5 license for Windows & Office isn't valid. There are valid options that cost less than retail that may be available to you, such as through your organization or educational institution.

DAMGURU-UK

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2023
Why do you instruct to install hacked graphics drivers? AMD updated the official Boot Camp drivers pretty recently. Use those. Also a $5 license for Windows & Office isn't valid. There are valid options that cost less than retail that may be available to you, such as through your organization or educational institution.
Thanks for your insights MisterAndrew - I've amended the process to include your points.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterAndrew

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
No, it's not. It's the TPM requirement that stops it.

This is how I did it, but note this is for a 7,1 Mac Pro and not for a classic 5,1. For the 5,1 you probably are better not to do it.

If Microsoft brings an update that locks things down we are stuffed. Official instructions from Apple won't be around any time soon because it's not supported, even though our machines have no problems with running it very well.
Have you disabled Windows update to protect yourself?

DAMGURU-UK

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2023
Have you disabled Windows update to protect yourself?
You can let Windows update however make sure the gpu drivers do not update. If you want to control updates, use driver booster or a similar app to periodically scan and update. I found the latter to be most effective.

Reactions: H2SO4

LEOMODE

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Southern California
Has anyone been able to re-install Boot Camp software when you had to re-install Windows 11 from Windows 11 settings (not from Mac OS but within Windows 11 itself for Reset This Device or something similar)? I tried using Brigadier to download the latest but it says I downloaded everything but I don’t see any of that in the folder. Thanks in advance.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Has anyone been able to re-install Boot Camp software when you had to re-install Windows 11 from Windows 11 settings (not from Mac OS but within Windows 11 itself for Reset This Device or something similar)? I tried using Brigadier to download the latest but it says I downloaded everything but I don’t see any of that in the folder. Thanks in advance.

I can’t remember what I did - I think O already had W10 for Workstations installed then did the upgrade for my 7,1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.