Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pippox0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
New - Windows 365 on the cloud.

A good way to run Windows on macOS Form cloud web browser

Nice to know ...
7d7aaeb521eb886ad55d1224cb33f7d7.jpg

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Smart move. Maybe Apple needs to take a look. Interesting, more software going back to the old terminal mainframe concept. Good old stuff never really dies. Just reincarnates.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
This is kinda groundbreaking. So Apple Silicon users don't even need to wait for Windows on ARM support? And people on older hardware who cannot upgrade to Windows 11 can just opt for a subscription? Quite interesting move.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
This is kinda groundbreaking. So Apple Silicon users don't even need to wait for Windows on ARM support? And people on older hardware who cannot upgrade to Windows 11 can just opt for a subscription? Quite interesting move.
It will be interesting to see how much MS will charge for the subscription. If the cost is moderate, that would be the way to go for Apple Silicon owners to run Windows. I can't imagine anyone who does not have a fast internet connection going that route though.

ADGrant

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2018
No it isn't. Cloud hosted Windows Desktops have been available for a few years now.

ADGrant

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2018
If Apple did this it would've been revolutionary, right?
Yes, it certainly would be revolutionary for Apple. That said, you can already get access to Macs "in the cloud". The Mac will be hosted in a data center but you will be renting the whole Mac, not a VM.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
So, I could run a full Windows 11, with Office, on my RPi4?

Now, all they need is some decent Education pricing. Like $10/Student/year. A lot of schools could afford that, with cheap internet terminals to run it.

Internaut

macrumors 65816
Not exactly designed for the home user and not sure it will work with a Mac:

No, it’s not for the home user. The ever curious me attempted to buy one to play with and it asked me for my “school or work” email address. Sensing a rabbit hole, I didn’t go further.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.