Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thezine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Hello Everyone,

During the installation of Windows 7 (7600), I got this error at 90% " Windows installation can not continue on this hardware " ? :eek:

Is anybody has this issue as well ?

Thanks for the help.

Thezine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
My bad, it was the x64 version, I did't notice.

The windows (x32) installed without a hitch.

Thezine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
I installed it on my Rev C, no problems

How is the overall performance ?

I got the 1,6 GHz Rev B and it got really hot and the performance is just ok so far, no benchmark yet.

Waiting for your answer ...

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
My bad, it was the x64 version, I did't notice.

The windows (x32) installed without a hitch.

And? You can install the 64 bit version on a Macbook Air. It just eats up more of your partition. You probably had a bad burn. Helps to slow down the burn speed when burning an ISO to disc.

But it being 64 bit had nothing to do with it.

Jimmie22

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
do you need a superdrive to install windows 7? Or can I install using the Remote Disk?

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
You should really run it in 64-bit. Just reburn and reinstall! I personally don't want to "waste" my MBA drive space with Windows. But, I may do it when I get my next MBA with 256 GB SSD and 4 GB RAM, dreaming... of the future.

TheRiseofTheFal

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
Lexington
Should I not even consider on my Rev. A based on your experiences? I really could use a nice version of windows, mainly for programming and I also enjoy being on the bleeding edge...just curious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.