Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkdroid13

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.
Windows 10 does not ask the user whether to install updates or not.Let me know your views on which to choose a version of the window.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Windows 10 all the way, MS is ending support on January 14th 2020. You're opening the door to malware and headaches by going on an unsupported version

As for win 10 vs. win 7, windows 10 has a lot of nice improvements, particularly 1903 which came out recently. I really like the direction MS is going with windows 10.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.
Windows 10 does not ask the user whether to install updates or not.Let me know your views on which to choose a version of the window.

Windows 10 is much better than 7. Would I have said this a couple years ago, Nope.

And you can defer the main updates for 365 days (1 year), and security updates for 30 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.