Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I just bought this for 99 dollars, new from Amazon. The seller only had one of them. I have no real need for this tablet, I am just curious as to what Windows 8.1 is like on a tablet and this one was cheap enough to let me find out. There is a picture that went with the add.
It is a Windows 8.1 Quad-Core Intel Tablet with an 10.1' HD screen, a quad-core Intel® AtomTM processor and dual cameras. But that's all the info there is. I'm pretty sure I can get my money back if I don't like it.
I hope it comes with a detailed users manual.:eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 164

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
The Amazon listing is easy to find. There are no details whatsoever about this thing.

B

Absolutely no details whatsoever. I did find the same exact advert with a price of 249.00 but no other details on a site that was pretty sparse looking itself. I hope I'm not buying a scam. But to be safe I used an actual credit card, not a debit card, and I can always get a cc card company to fix a fraudulent transaction.
I do however, hope it is something that works. It is supposed to have windoze 8.1 and not the scaled down RT version.
We'll see.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Can you post a link? I'd be very suspect, look at how thin those bezels are. I don't know of a windows tablet with bezels that thin except maybe the surface pro 3.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-8-1-Q...qid=1403967262&sr=1-9&keywords=Windows+tablet

Here ya go. It should be delivered Wednesday. I will post a follow up.

Wow, windows 64bit. Has any baytrail tablet from a major manufacturer shipped with 64bit windows yet? I'm not sure if the Fujitsu one with 4gb ram had 64bit.

Those bezels and specs look very suspect, I'll be curious as to your report. At least it's Amazon so y ou have nothing to lose, I'm sure they will refund your money with no questions asked.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Wow, windows 64bit. Has any baytrail tablet from a major manufacturer shipped with 64bit windows yet? I'm not sure if the Fujitsu one with 4gb ram had 64bit.

Those bezels and specs look very suspect, I'll be curious as to your report. At least it's Amazon so y ou have nothing to lose, I'm sure they will refund your money with no questions asked.

For,sure, but I couldn't pass it up. I've got amazon and my cc card company backing me. IF I get it, I will post a follow up. U guys are worrying me a bit lol;)

----------

Hold on!! That link now has a different tablet displayed. The pic at the top post is what was displayed when I bought it, not the inch wide buzzled photo that is up now:confused:

----------

For,sure, but I couldn't pass it up. I've got amazon and my cc card company backing me. IF I get it, I will post a follow up. U guys are worrying me a bit lol;)

----------

Hold on!! That link now has a different tablet displayed. The pic at the top post is what was displayed when I bought it, not the inch wide buzzled photo that is up now:confused:

Still excited though (as he types this out on his iPad Air)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The link above states its currently unavailable - maybe amazon pulled it.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
The link above states its currently unavailable - maybe amazon pulled it.

There was only one available when I bought it. I don't know if they'll have anymore that price.
I haven't received it yet. Today is the last day in the shipping estimate delivery period that was stated. They shipped UPS but did not offer tracking info thru Amazon. Color me anxious.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
If it sounds...

If it sounds too good to be true...
I contacted Amazon after the tablet didn't arrive on the latest possible date in the advertised range shown for delivery. Starting on the day after that last date and over a 2 day period I sent 5 emails to the seller, very cordial, asking about tracking etc. I got no replies. So I contacted Amazon via telephone today and they immediately refunded my card.
I wonder if the seller had found a way to rip off Amazon?
Granted, I figured something was off with the description of the tablet cause the price was so low, but I never thought that I would receive anything at all.
Anyway this is just a courtesy final post to those of you that showed an interest.
I'll just be happy with my :apple:'s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.