Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Apple and Mac friends.

With Windows Boot Camp piggybacking on macOS Ventura (which made the partitions & uses the Apple drivers), somehow the Boot Camp bootloader and boot manager became corrupt, after many days, many trials and errors very technical stuff with how to fix Windows not booting and grueling hours a powerful but easy to use app called EasyRE (makers of EasyBCD) was the only app and method to do it, very easily (w/ Rufus' amazing help, the Windows equivalent of the easy to use but accurate Etcher).

The problem is EasyRE as life-saving (and time-saving) as it is, converted the GPT to MBR but I'm using SSDs nowadays, GPT is better suited for SSDs (more partitions can be made later for my needs).

Is there a very safe way, preferably a macOS app (Windows is ok, I do have a backup Windows to Go installation with Boot Camp drivers as well to make it work with the Mac) to reconvert the now MBR Windows Boot Camp to GPT? The Windows Boot Camp was essentially cloned onto it's own separate but still internal SSD in the Mac (this is not a Hackintosh).

Thank you.
Have great ongoing Easter Season.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.