Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
between flesh and thought
I am installing windows 10 on a 2011 imac with opencore. Everything goes well until I install the bootcamp drivers from my usb key. After the installation and restart, within seconds of signing in the mac crashes, and then does not allow me to boot back in.

I am not connected to the internet.

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Have you tried using Ethernet for internet access and just downloading the drivers instead of using the USB stick?
You mean via Brigidier? I have not. Trying that next.

I am also going to install the pro version right now instead of home so I can us group policy editor and gpedit.mcs

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
ATI, NVIDA and AMD folders need to be deleted from the bootcamp folder of the support files download.

Group policy must be set for no downloads on the display adapter id after installing bootcamp support files with the deleted graphics drivers.

In addition I deleted machaldriver.sys and another file per the instructions here. I had to use a custom machaldriver which is really sus, but things work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bootcamp/comments/opkpy6

lisek

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2024
ATI, NVIDA and AMD folders need to be deleted from the bootcamp folder of the support files download.

Group policy must be set for no downloads on the display adapter id after installing bootcamp support files with the deleted graphics drivers.

In addition I deleted machaldriver.sys and another file per the instructions here. I had to use a custom machaldriver which is really sus, but things work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bootcamp/comments/opkpy6
THANKS GOD for this reddit link. I was sure it was never gonna work, but finally I got my 2012 imac running Windows 10. Deleting the machaldriver.sys file caused my screen going black almost instantly, but installing the bombardier app on a newer mac it helped me get the right drivers that won't crash the system. I reinstalled the system fresh and used the bootcamp drivers I got of the Bombardier app (not the default ones that the Bootcamp app provides, but an older version). Before installing them I removed the IntelHDGraphicsSetup64.exe driver from the installation folder, then switched to Windows, ran the setup file, didn't delete any system files and everything seems to be working smoothly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 10.08.22.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 10.08.22.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 29
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.