Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
A YouTuber explained it like this:

The Mac Studio is often used in a studio where you record audio or video and so you want everything as quiet as possible. Then there are those of us that just like a quiet environment. It's not hard to build a PC that runs cool and quiet - if you have a big enough case, and a lot of fans that move air somewhat slowly. And if you pick parts that don't crank the frequency to excessive levels. I buy the non-K Intel parts to do that.

I've never understood that justification for the Macs either (and it's been used for years - i.e. well within the Intel years) - they don't run cool and quiet when they're actually being used, and while the Studio is a lot better in that regard, you can buy, not just build, quieter PC's in actual serious load applications. But for reddit browsing, sure.

There's still not a single Mac I'd consider as my bedroom brainstorm system for example - i.e. something that's dead silent at 2am in my very secluded home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.