Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Can you play windows games in parallels or VMware, like Star Wars Galaxies or can it only handle old games?
If the answer is no, how long do you think it is before we can play games?

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Is bootcamp easy to use? DO you get longer boot times, and can you uninstall it easy if you dont want it any more?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Is bootcamp easy to use? DO you get longer boot times, and can you uninstall it easy if you dont want it any more?

its made by apple, bootcamp is SO easy to use-just hold *option* on startup.

no i have not noticed any longer boot times(in osx) -i consitently get 30seconds including typing in my 16character password

it is also extremely easy to uninstall-the bootcamp application that you download lets you with one easy click

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
It looks like it will work in crossover 6.1.0.
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=23

I dont know anything about this program at all, you dont need a windows copy for this? Is it just to install it and then install your windows programs and use them?
Will you get a folder or something for the windows programs or will they be installed as OS X program?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
It looks like it will work in crossover 6.1.0.
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=23

I dont know anything about this program at all, you dont need a windows copy for this? Is it just to install it and then install your windows programs and use them?
Will you get a folder or something for the windows programs or will they be installed as OS X program?

yeap pretty much. its just an emulation program except it doesnt actually need windows OS installed. it will make a directory in your user folder (or anywhere you specify) and install programs to there. i have tried it on at least 5 older and newer games and have been unsuccessful in all of them.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I did read something about the new parallels beta support directx 9, would that solve the problem?
I did also read that parallels only support 64mb vram is that true and how much do you have in crossover?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.