Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maciumpek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2023
Hi guys

I am facing the weird problem -I want to install windows via bootcamp but I am getting errors from screenshots. I am doing it on macos Ventura on macbook pro a2141 ( 2019, 16 inch). I read a little on this issues but every answear that I got was that since Mac OS mojave this was fixed. Do You have any solution of that ? Maybe I could just decrease size of mac os partition and install Windows from bootable pendrive on this empty space. Will it work ?

Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-10 o 21.00.30.png

tinygoblin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2022
I'm not sure what's causing this issue because Boot Camp Assistant is crаpware. You can just create a partition via Disk Utility and install Windows using any external media. Just make sure to do a quick preparation so the Windows Setup sees your internal SSD (if you plan to install there) and your input devices are recognized. To prepare it simply download Boot Camp Support Software via Assistant or via brigadier (using Windows from VM) and put all the drivers to $WinPEDriver$ folder in the root of your Windows install media (make sure the path to INF/SYS is no longer than $WinPEDriver$/%subfolder%/*.inf, otherwise Windows Setup won't see it). If you'd like it to get a step further you can inject your drivers to install.wim of your Windows install media using DISM in Windows. This way you'll be 100% set to have a working input HIDs (keyboard, touchpad, etc.) during Windows Setup every time you use this Windows install media. Since I happen to have the same laptop and latest drivers here's a zipped $WinPEDriver$ folder you can use to install Windows. But you'll need full BCSS to setup all devices once installation is done. You can download yourself as stated earlier in this post or message me.

P.S. I will be happy if you participated in my research of different problem of our laptops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.