Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

William4673

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Hi all, very niche question.

Sometimes apple releases software and driver updates for things such as WIFI, Bluetooth, and most recently trackpad precision for T2 chip models.

My limited knowledge of the registry editor leads me to believe that these pop ups/updates/ install requests can be disabled.

I don’t want bootcamp to be disabled entirely, only the process that causes this.
See attached photo for the exact pop up I’m referring to.
8E95110C-9C1F-406F-AA0A-2B5F92CFE98F.jpeg

tinygoblin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2022
I personally have this bloatware uninstalled and cannot give directions to Windows Registry key, however double-check if there's a scheduled task using Task Scheduler and a running service using Services. It's likely you'll find the answer there.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi all, very niche question.

Sometimes apple releases software and driver updates for things such as WIFI, Bluetooth, and most recently trackpad precision for T2 chip models.

My limited knowledge of the registry editor leads me to believe that these pop ups/updates/ install requests can be disabled.

I don’t want bootcamp to be disabled entirely, only the process that causes this.
See attached photo for the exact pop up I’m referring to. View attachment 2097915
Bootcamp isn't a thing that can be disabled- it's just the functionality that allows the Mac to boot into Windows. You can simply uninstall Apple Software Update from the Add/Remove programs setting and it won't be able to bother you about updating. Keep in mind that Apple does sometimes supply security updates through the Software Update system so you will miss those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.