Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ok i've tried about everything i can think, i've even reinstalled the system and i am still continually getting a blue screen. I have two video cards in my macpro1,1 and i have lion installed on a software raid volume. I am 90% sure it has to do with the fact that i have two video cards in the machine and am attempting to use them at the same time.

The crazy thing is once the windows 7 installation blue screens the card becomes unusable even in OSX until i reset the pram and pull the card for a cycle. I have tested this with 3 separate video cards and two windows 7 fresh installations. I have noticed that the issue seems to arise as soon as i install the bootcamp drivers into the windows 7 install. I've tried installing the AMD specific ones but the issue also came up.

Could this be a hardware issue? I have a x1900xtx and a HD6870 in the system and they use 3x6pin power.
The two bsod codes i'm getting are 0x0000003b and 0x0000008e which aren't much help in resolving the problem.

This started happening immediately after i updated to lion, can anyone please help.

Last edited:

knome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Just got another one:

0x00000034

Now i'm seriously thinking something may be wrong with the hardware.

EDIT: I managed to get the system to no longer BSOD by changing swapping between the options in the expansion slot utility. Don't ask me how or why that worked but it did.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.