Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parsleyj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
ok, installed Windows XP Pro using latest boot camp on 20gb of my macs space.

To the date of this post, i have done this twice, because of this problem.

Windows works great on there, i play warrock, no problems whatsoever.
Then, after about 2-5 times of booting into windows, it will do this without avail

-Boot normaly
-Normal load screens
-Gets to desktop, everything is normal
-Around .5-7 seconds after opening to desktop Windows will restart my computer. Just restart it. Can't do anything.

What I' have done so far-

-As i said, reinstalled windows
-some pc users reccomended going into safe mode and under System properties disable the "Automatically restart under system failure" option.
This did nothing.
- I have clicked on a game or app immediately upon entering desktop- game or app starts to load, sure enough 2 seconds later comp restarts out of thin air.

i am SO stumped
all i want to do is play same damn games
god i hate windows

help appreicated

ps. probably 4 times total when installing windows, it would get to one of the final setup screens after it had loaded all the temporary stuff- the screen is just blue and you press Enter to begin setup, R to repair or something, and like f3 to quit.

This screen crashed on me a good 4 attempts.

The 2 attempts where windows was installed worked fine.

contoursvt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Can you start windows in safe mode? Go into safe mode, then under control panel, administrative tools and then event viewer. Check under system or applications for errors or alerts that might give you clues as to what goes on. You can scroll through the dates and times and try and pinpoint when it started and see if new errors or alerts are listed.

Its possible something got installed or there was a driver update...or something. Anyway thats the only suggestion I can make right now.

parsleyj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
contoursvt said:
Can you start windows in safe mode? Go into safe mode, then under control panel, administrative tools and then event viewer. Check under system or applications for errors or alerts that might give you clues as to what goes on. You can scroll through the dates and times and try and pinpoint when it started and see if new errors or alerts are listed.

Its possible something got installed or there was a driver update...or something. Anyway thats the only suggestion I can make right now.

i can get into safe mode, i will try that and let you know, thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.