Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sacredsun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Ok so I have a late 2009 mac mini ($599) model. I've been using windows xp on it without any major issues and I play some games and everything seems to work decently enough.

Now I'm going to have to change the size of the partition and reinstall windows xp using NTFS (been using FAT32 thus far).

What I need help with is that I've decided not to use the stock bootcamp drivers that come with the leopard cd for 2 reasons

1- It installs a bunch of drivers for macbook and other models (?) that are useless for me and just take up space (on a 147G hard drive that was supposed to be 160G every MB counts)

2- With the NVIDIA geforce 9400 driver I get much better perfomance in games using the updated one from the nvidia site than the one from the leopard cd.

what I need help with is identifying stuff like chipsets and sound card etc etc to know how to look for the drivers and then manually installing them.

So I need help compiling this list:

Video card- Geforce driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winxp_197.16_whql.html

mac mini Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.