Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
Does anyone know:

--any repos specifically for iPad optimized themes?

--the names of any themes that work well with iPad?

--a good way to find themes and elements in general? Browsing through cydia repos is kind of painful with all the ads, can't help but feel I'm doing it wrong.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
It works, but is buggy. The main problem is the themes and graphics available all are optimized for iPhone. It sounds like I just need to be patient for creators to get geared up.

FastangV6

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Does anyone know:

--any repos specifically for iPad optimized themes?

--the names of any themes that work well with iPad?

--a good way to find themes and elements in general? Browsing through cydia repos is kind of painful with all the ads, can't help but feel I'm doing it wrong.

I am also interested in this as I have yet to find answers to these same questions.

cachehog

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2009
iPad Slide to Unlock

I've looked for and have been unable to find the location of the slide to unlock images and text file.
Anyone have any idea where they might be? Saurik was able to change the text on the slider, but I've seen no information on how to change the slider images. There's no TelephonyUI folder or bundle that I can find.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:apple:

Shymcfly

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Iq brushed by modmyi is a nice iPad theme it changes the slide to unlock to tap and changes a few things like rotation image volume image wifi bars and a few others the only problem I had was when I tried using my own walls it would distort them used ifile to delete the original themes walls works fine now

Istrings will allow you to edit the slide to unlock text and many more as for images idk

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
just checked out iq brushed. liked the lock screen, didnt really dig the rest. great start for the dev though, great job.

any others out there, lets keep updating this thread!

getting bored with the plain ipad theme.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
There seems to be very few ipad themes available in cydia.
I tried the mac osx theme for the ipad. It was okay but the fact that i cant use my own wallpapers ticked me off.

mrathee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
It's really not all that bad. The only real issue is the lack of custom wallpapers

Otherwise it isn't really buggy.

Suave, glasklart, and a few of the Mac osx
Themes are pretty solid for ipad

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
I've tried many and like to switch now and then but currently I'm using Absolute Mac. Nice theme and I like the icons for the original apple programs and cydia. Can't change the home wallpaper but you can use your own lock screen wallpaper.

All of my apple apps are in category folders, just so I don't have to look at their icons. Can't stand them.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Let me try those suggestions you guys use.
i was really looking into the theme where it absolutely looks like a mac osx desktop. i was reading a thread here but there was no instructions on how to do it..

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
yeah, thats the forum i'm reading about. are you still rocking the theme that you showed there? maybe guide me a bit? ;):D

No I switched. When I upgraded to 3.2.1 I had to do a restore and decided to try a different theme. Themes hold me for about two weeks and then I'm wanting to change it up.

But I still use Categories and CategoriesSB. And Ifinidock. That's like goodness all around ;).

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
No I switched. When I upgraded to 3.2.1 I had to do a restore and decided to try a different theme. Themes hold me for about two weeks and then I'm wanting to change it up.

But I still use Categories and CategoriesSB. And Ifinidock. That's like goodness all around ;).

I purchased CategoriesSB and itS great! Im gonna buy infinidock and iconoclasm next and start following the guides that were on that thread. Btw, you mentioned you used mac misc 1 & 2 on your theme before, where did you got it from? Kept looking at cydia but its not there.

JesseDegenerate

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2011
just go to where the people who make them hang out.

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-new-skins-themes-launches/

5670691154_faf046d29d_b.jpg

5671004657_cc32409144_b.jpg

I wrote that theme, it's not honeycomb, i'm just using some art from it. I call it midnight. It's got lots of neat features, widgets, and you can customize the look of it's pretty easily. Be done in under a week. Dreamboard is a much more intense process than winterboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.