Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Random1225

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
So I recently got a 4th gen Ipod Touch running 4.2.1. I jailbroke it and I decided to install Winterboard, aware that since it was tethered the ipod wouldn't boot unless I chose to boot tethered. I used it for a little but decided I didn't want it so I uninstalled it. It still gets stuck at the boot screen unless I boot tethered though. Why is this and can I fix this? I've never jailbroke an ipod before so I'm new to this and a little nervous.

Oh and would restoring work? Just restore, re jailbreak, not install winterboard?

Random1225

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
I don't think its related to uninstalling WinterBoard. Just restore the device and re-jailbreak.

I know uninstalling is unrelated. I must have not explained it right. After jailbreaking I could boot tethered and could use cydia, etc. If I restarted(now not in a jailbroken state) i could use everything fine except cydia. After installing winterboard It wouldn't boot unless it was booted through redsn0w(I knew this would happen). After uninstalling winterboard i still can only boot into the tethered state.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Winterboard has nothing to do with your ability to have a tethered jailbreak or an untethered one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.