Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Auxo

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2013
A³tweaks
Someone is working on one. I forgot the name but I saw some screenshots of the theme here on MR Forums.

The theme you're thinking of is Anode right?
qtnWHjl.jpg

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
weird ... the description in cydia mentions the update but i dont actually get an "update" ? is it for A7 devices only?

jt999

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
e5abega4.jpg

So I resurrected my old Black'UPS theme and edited it for my 5s.

I had to change a lot of icon names...

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
Anyone else lose your Cydia icon? The question is, how to get it back?

Just figured it out. If this happens to anyone else, go to settings/general/reset/reset home screen layout to default and you should see it then ;)

Last edited:

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Before you guys get too excited, realize that this currently only themes icons and that it may be a long time before there's any ability to theme other UI elements like we're used to. iOS 7 completely changed the way the UI is drawn: it's no longer composed of color images, but black-masked shapes to which colors, shading, shadows, etc are applied through code. It's all dynamic and will be much harder to theme.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Before you guys get too excited, realize that this currently only themes icons and that it may be a long time before there's any ability to theme other UI elements like we're used to. iOS 7 completely changed the way the UI is drawn: it's no longer composed of color images, but black-masked shapes to which colors, shading, shadows, etc are applied through code. It's all dynamic and will be much harder to theme.

Yep. My old iOS 6 widget that I was running through winterboard doesn't apply on iOS 7. So back to using it through SBAnimatedWidget :D

Edit: It's not showing up the older way either now. DAmmit why did I try to fix something that wasn't broken D:

Edit 2: Fixed it and realized that I probably won't ever change it ever again lol. It is not done through winterboard, did it through the other way.

Last edited:

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Do now, with WB updated, theming affect battery life as before?
I had a lot of battery drain using last non ios7 optimized winterboard on my 4s with 7.04

jt999

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
But how exactly ? Sorry. New to editing icons and making custom images for them.

Using iFile, I found the folder in the theme for the app that I wanted to change. I then changed the names of the .png files in the folder to correspond with the .png files on the stock app folder.

Hope that makes sense.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Using iFile, I found the folder in the theme for the app that I wanted to change. I then changed the names of the .png files in the folder to correspond with the .png files on the stock app folder.

Hope that makes sense.

You lost me after "using ifile" :( lol but I will look more through ifile to see if it becomes clearer.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Is the new Winterboard not showing up for anyone else? I just did a fresh jailbreak with Evasi0n 1.0.4 today on my iPhone 5S running 7.0.4.

Tons of apps including Winterboard seem to still be on non-iOS 7 compatible versions still and won't let me install even in queue. =/

The Cydia installed should be the latest version 1.1.9 as it says on the bottom so I'm not sure why I'm not seeing the latest app updates.

g9ub.png

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Go to Changes tab and push refresh.

I have tried it many times, refreshing everything and restarting the phone doesn't help. Still shows the older version even though the new version is listed in the purple bubble. :(

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
I have tried it many times, refreshing everything and restarting the phone doesn't help. Still shows the older version even though the new version is listed in the purple bubble. :(

Install the older version and see if it shows you after to update to the newer one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.