Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Basic75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Europe
Does anybody know a device that accepts AirPlay 2 audio via Ethernet and has a stereo RCA analog audio output?

BadgerRivFan

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2013
The new Belkin Soundform Connect could do this if you used a 3.5mm to RCA cable connected to the audio out jack.

The internal DAC of the Belkin is probably not all that great, but if the goal is not to maximize sound quality this set up would work for you.

BadgerRivFan

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2013
Wait, sorry… I missed the Ethernet part of your question. If you’re okay with WiFi instead, then my answer still stands…

RachelleK

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2021
DC
I have a Roku Express 4k+ connected through ethernet (with adapter) and a Monoprice Blackbird 4K HDMI Audio Extractor and it works great with Airplay 2. I also have a Belkin Soundform Connect and the CD quality it produces is very good. Only problem is that the Belkin is a little expensive without the usually available discounts. The first option was actually less expensive.

Basic75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Europe
The new Belkin Soundform Connect could do this if you used a 3.5mm to RCA cable connected to the audio out jack.

The internal DAC of the Belkin is probably not all that great, but if the goal is not to maximize sound quality this set up would work for you.
Thanks, not quite what I'm looking for but it might get the job done.

Basic75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Europe
I have a Roku Express 4k+ connected through ethernet (with adapter) and a Monoprice Blackbird 4K HDMI Audio Extractor and it works great with Airplay 2. I also have a Belkin Soundform Connect and the CD quality it produces is very good. Only problem is that the Belkin is a little expensive without the usually available discounts. The first option was actually less expensive.
Thanks, though that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid - having multiple devices heating up my room just to get audio into an old amplifier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.